The human ear is one of the most remarkable parts of the human body, not only because of the beauty and unlikelihood of its structure, but also because of its remarkable sensitivity to sounds.
From an anatomical point of view, the ear is conveniently divided into 3 parts: the outer, middle and inner ears.
• The ear comprises of outer, middle and inner ears
• The outer ear collects sounds and enhances the speech frequencies at the eardrum
• The middle ear conducts the sound energy to the fluid of the inner ear
• The inner ear contains the sensory hair cells that convert sound energy into electrical messages that pass to the brain
• The outer hair cells act as an internal amplifier and also provide clarity and discrimination
• The whole system is incredibly sensitive and therefore very delicate